- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Lay 4 of the tortillas on a flat surface. Divide barbeque evenly among the tortillas.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over barbeque, and then lay remaining 4 tortillas on top of barbecue and cheese.
- Brush quesadillas with melted butter and place on baking sheet, 2 per sheet, butter side down. Brush the tops with remaining butter.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove trays from oven, and flip the quesadillas. Return to the oven and bake until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges. Garnish with sour cream, diced tomatoes, and scallions, if desired.